Escondido, CA 92029
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Senior Software Configuration Management engineer with experience implementing and maintaining SCM tools and processes. Motivated,
multi-faceted individual with the ability to work independently in a dynamic work environment. Possesses government secret security clearance.
Operating Systems Unix (Sun Solaris 2.51, 6, 7 & 8, HP- UX 10.20, 11i), Windows NT/2000/XP/2003, RedHat Linux 7.2, SCO 5.05
Networking LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, 3Com Network Interface cards, CISCO Routers/Switches, Hubs, CATV UTP, DLink Hubs, DLT
Programming Perl, Java, C++, Visual Basic.NET, XML, SQL, C Shell Scripting and batch files
Software Green Hills
Vi, Slick Edit, Emacs, Rational Rose, Visio, Active-State Perl Development Kit, Komodo, Web Logic, Vignette Portal Server,
Microsoft Share Point, IIS/ Apache Web Server, Agile, Ghost, Remote Administrator, Oracle DBA Studio, Qwest TOAD, Rhapsody
Databases Oracle 9i, MS SQL Server, MS Access
SCM Tools ClearCase Multi-Site, ClearQuest and Requisite Pro 2003, DOORs, MS Visual Source Safe, CVS, Araxis Merge/Diff, Perforce, PVCS,
McCabe TrueChange/TrueTrack, Install Shield Developer, ANT makefiles
Senior Software Tools Engineer ,
Northrop Grumman Inc.
Implementation and administration of software configuration management processes to drive software configuration integrity throughout the product
development lifecycle. Development, maintenance, administration, fine tuning and troubleshooting of the ClearCase/ClearQuest infrastructure.
· Led the successful VOB migration to Network Appliance NAS (network attached storage) device.
· Designed and implemented ClearCase View/VOB backup process.
· Developed custom tools to facilitate administration and end user interface.
· Administered VOB network sync process.
· Managed system security & accounts.
· Managed ClearCase patch deployment.
· Performed day to day VOB maintenance.
· Managed SQL server backup & ClearQuest database upgrades.
· Updated Perl / ClearCase build scripts for the Software CM.
· Created ClearCase triggers and CM scripts.
· Provided Rational Tools support to all users onsite.
· Developed comprehensive ClearCase FAQ.
· Standardized and automated the software build and release for over 15 embedded software configuration items.
· Executed the Configuration Control Board in support of the product line leaders.
· Proposed and implemented tool add-ons to increase program license cost saving and developer productivity.
· Defined ongoing engineering change request process improvements including tool end user automation, data integrity validation and metrics gathering.
· Led effort to implement standardization of software development folders.
· Developed custom tools to facilitate security and configuration control of software configuration items.
· Advised information system administrators on requirements and methods for Rational software tool deployment and upgrade.
· Developed and implemented configuration management tool and change management process training for over 300 people within the organization.
· Provided expert support, mentoring and training for software configuration management staff of six.
· Designed and implemented custom ClearCase/ClearQuest Integration package.
Rational Tools Consultant, Hewlett
Lead SCM engineer responsible for defining and implementing SCM tools and processes to support various web-based applications. Primary areas include
Rational Tools and HPUX systems administration.
· Led the successful migration to Rational ClearCase Multisite, Clearquest and Requisite Pro.
· Defined and created triggers, hooks & scripts to support ClearCase and ClearQuest policy & process.
· Mentored and trained overseas configuration management & support team members.
· Trained and assisted analyst, developer, QA and support teams on software tools and general release and deployment process.
· Designed & implemented various software tools written in Perl to support the release process.
· Created and maintained SCM Plan and ClearQuest design document.
· Managed ClearQuest schema DB upgrades.
· Performed Oracle & SQL Server DBA role for development & QA team.
· Installed, integrated and documented software system components including Apache, Weblogic, Oracle, Siteminder, SharePoint.
· Generated and updated software user manuals for ClearQuest & ClearCase.
· Developed and administered Rational software tools training for various teams.
· Enhanced and maintained 'ANT' XML build and configuration scripts.
· Coordinated project allocation & software configuration of over 30 geographically located HPUX & NT servers.
Software Tools Engineer & Build
Manager, Cymer Inc.
Responsible for the design and implementation of software tools which facilitate SCM and SQA processes in an embedded environment. Designed highly
maintainable, reusable, robust software tools consistent with existing architectures.
· Independently performed, distributed, and documented software builds in a timely and accurate manner.
· Completed software design proposal, test and implementation of a nightly builder tool written in Perl.
· Performed requirements analysis, design and implementation of a laser registry data builder tool.
· Generated custom scripts written in Perl to automate collection of metrics and report on build information.
· Published a document that describes software version numbering schemas and policies for branching and merging.
· Designed a Perl script to automate embedded kernel/software tools deployment.
· Managed and designed version control and build environment processes for next generation laser platform.
· Consistently responded to and successfully completed a variety of unplanned high priority tasks with minimal impact to assigned tasks.
Software Configuration Manager, L3/Northrop
Responsible for building, modifying, and maintaining scripts for software builds on multiple platforms. Administer source code management system for
several software projects. Develop and implement Configuration Management procedures in accordance with ISO 9001 software quality processes.
· Designed, created, administered and maintained repositories for use by the software development group using CVS and Merant PVCS.
· Responsible for configuration control and identification of source code, executables, test cases, user documentation and design documentation.
· Responsible for CM audit planning and conduct during FCA/PCA (Functional Configuration Audit/Physical Configuration Audit).
· Generated and tracked Deviation/Waivers, Specification Change Notices (SCNs), and Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs).
· Prepared Configuration Status Accounting Reports utilizing MS Access, and Software Version Description documents.
· Integrated software trouble reports (STRs) to ensure required compliance modifications were properly documented in each build.
· Acted as a liaison between software engineering and production for customer release packages.
· Prepared Altered Item Drawing (AIDs) to dictate duplication process of software packages.
· Created Software Control Procedures (SCPs) to document history of each software release.
· Customized build components of the Windows CE OS kernel.
· Created install scripts / build scripts in Windows CE environment.
· Wrote test documentation, CM-Plan and Software Users Manual for ruggedized handheld running Windows CE.
· Created scripts to search build logs for multiple operating system platforms and automatically report on errors.
· Interfaced with document control system, drafting and hardware engineering.
ClearCase Consultant, E-business
Clear Case administrator in a Unix/NT environment, responsible for development and implementation of configuration
management processes, installation and configuration of ClearCase and other day-to-day ClearCase administrative tasks.
· ClearCase 4.0 implementation on NT and Sun Solaris 2.6.
· Set-up license server, registry server, and network regions for ClearCase.
· Day-to-day administrative tasks like backup (using Arcserve), user support (installation, customisation of views), and documentation of changes to SCM plan.
· Automation of CM processes and enforcement of build policies using ClearCase metadata.
· Designed and implemented branching and merging strategies, resolved merge conflicts.
· Actively supported build and release management activities.
· Facilitated defect tracking and change management by integrating ClearCase with ClearQuest.
· Installed and configured ClearQuest, customized Defect Tracking schema and created customized reports.
· Clear Case Multi-Site analysis and implementation involved documenting requirements of distributed development teams, determining VOB replica
synchronization, installing and configure Multi-Site, sending and receiving packets and designing an effective branching strategy.
9/99 - 8/00
Network Administrator, Vical Inc.
Provide network administration and end-user support in a 150-node LAN/WAN environment with 9 Netware servers, 5 NT servers and 2 Unix
· Installed Windows 98, NT 4.0 workstation, Service Pack 4 & 5 upgrades.
· Setup and configured the following software: Office 97/2000, Microsoft Outlook, Visio 2000, Netscape Communicator 4.73, Act Database 4.0, McAfee 4.5
· Virus, GroupWise 5.5, Netware 3.2 client, Netware 4.7 for Windows 2000, Windows 95/98 Clients version 3.1/3.2 and NT client for Microsoft networks.
· Installed 3Com network interface cards, modems, hard drives, controller cards, CD-ROMs, memory, sound cards, and video cards on Compaq and Dell desktops.
· Backed up data to network volumes and DLT using Arcserve.
· Configured Dell Inspiron / Notebook lap-top computers for dial up accounts.
· Used Netware Administrator to resolve login issues and manage users.
6/95 - 6/99
Information Systems Coordinator, USMC Active Duty
Perform PC upgrades, configuration, preventative maintenance, applied trouble-shooting and repair skills to solve computer and network connectivity issues.
· Assisted in the migration from Banyan Vines NOS to an UNIX/NT environment with 500 nodes and 20 servers.
· Manually configured TCP/IP for network clients.
· Installed CATV UTP, D-Link Hubs.
· Upgraded virus service packs, DAT files on workstations for latest protection.
· Promoted to Sergeant for demonstrated leadership and technical skills.
· Masters of Science - Software Engineering - National University - San Diego, CA Oct. 2003.
· Attended various seminars with San Diego Society for Software Quality.
Received 270 hours of intensive training in
ClearCase, Multi-site and ClearQuest from Rational Consultants
Bachelors of Science in Information Systems
Comptia A+ Certification, Network+ Certification